Saturday, May 19, 2012

good things

Thursday I visited Shelley at Bow Street Flowers (here). It is exactly what a flower shop should be. Like something out of a story book. I made quite a fool of myself, I was so excited. Pink door! Shabby blue and green tables! Bunnies! Delphiniums! The bunny house! Beauty and whimsy everywhere. I did not want to leave, but Shelley, who is as sweet and kind as you would expect the owner of the perfect flower shop to be, told me I can come back. She gave me a pretty vase filled with lilies of the valley--the fragrance filled my car and now my kitchen. 


This is my favorite time of year. Every evening, I sit on the deck and read and sometimes I look up and contemplate trees, shrubs and flowers, wild rabbits bounding across the yard, bird songs, squirrels chasing, occasional glimpses of chipmunks scampering around the edges of things. And for those moments all seems peaceful and good.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like flower heaven. Hope you are enjoying a good weekend. M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to make such a visit.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proms fumbled my blog post, Jen, but tomorrow.....!!!
    xoShelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proms! So that's why all the noisy teens in my neighborhood last night. Or maybe graduation. I can see that a florists work never ends...

      Delete
  4. wow JEN ,
    that place sounds wonderful. I can just imagine the feeling you had there. I love the smell of lily of the valley too
    -KAT-

    ReplyDelete
  5. All is peaceful and good Jen. Our minds just have a tendency to go other places at times. :)
    You have rabbits too eh? I've never lived anywhere where they are so bountiful. Yesterday evening when looking out the window, there was even one on my porch even. They are so fun to watch.
    I always wanted to have a flower store btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted that at 3 am--couldn't sleep. It's transition time--no more obsessing over the store. As for rabbits--my dog, who died, used to chase them off; but now they are quite bold.

      Delete
  6. "A pretty vase filled with lilies of the valley", what a nice gift from the nice owner of a flower shop! Your calm time with your favourite books and nature is beyond my imagination,,,,!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen, what gorgeous flowers! This time of year produces some real stunners doesnt it? I clicked on the link and the florist shop is just beautiful X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that shop is wonderful! I love to hear about your peaceful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you know I was so happy you two got to meet. So happy I called the shop in hopes of saying hello but I've been so busy I confused Friday with Thursday and it was too late!

    But of course I suspected Bow Street was a Disney production and now you have confirmed it. Though your backyard sounds similar.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bow Street Flowers could be in a movie--blue, green, pink and white shabby wood furniture, a bunny house that looks like a barn, glorious flowers...

      Delete