Thursday, April 14, 2011

who am I? asks the blog



                                                    View from the porch of a house in Hull, Massachusetts, that I once rented for the winter, shows 
                                                    some of my favorite things: porches, flowers, and bodies of water.

Sarah at Modern Country Style, had the interesting idea of asking people to define their blog today. A good exercise, I think. I started my blog two months ago to:
1. Post about the nuts and bolts of opening and running a small antique/vintage/crafts store. I thought that might be interesting/useful for people who dream about opening a bricks and mortar store of their own one day. I have done this a little bit, very randomly.

                                              Country Weekend, the store.

2. Post about things relevant, least somewhat, to what the store is about--nature, history, antiques and art, and where it is located--in the Catskill region of upstate new York. I thought that some of my customers there might enjoy that, though I don't think any of them read it yet.

                 View from my house in the Catskills.

I opened an Etsy store a couple weeks ago, so want to post things of interest to Etsy folk that connect to the above topics.

                                             Trying to figure out how to take a good picture of the scottie dog, to put on Etsy.

And occasionally I want to write about other things--books or music or sports or cookies, or post a picture or poem or music video because I like it and maybe you will too.

                                                                                                           outside artist's studio, Bluffton, South Carolina

I don't do Facebook or Twitter--I just can't deal with any more distraction-inducing stuff--I like to turn it off sometimes, you know? So this is my major electronic connection (outside of emails) with the big world. Don't know if it will catch on, since I'm not providing how-to tutorials or recipes or anything practical. But as long as I'm enjoying it, I'll keep doing it.

                                            Lobster traps, Menemsha, Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts

I'm off to Burlington Vermont to visit my son Luke. Enjoy your day!
                                
                                           Jen

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of sharing what it's like to run your store. I'm fascinated by what it must be like.

    Have a WONDERFUL time with your son.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am joining Sarah's lovely party from my vintage apartment in Chicago. So glad you joined, too.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    Gg - Notes on the Journey
    Link #26

    ps. congrats on all that you have accomplished in the past few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun visit with your son, Jen! 'See you' when you get back.

    ReplyDelete